Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thursday 3/29/12 100 reps of WHAT?!

Oh my gosh! Not only did the WOD have my enemy task involved, but then it was a killer of a WOD too!!! I was shocked to say the least.
Warm up:

  1. 2 min jump rope
  2. 1 min double unders still getting better!!!!
  3. PVC stretches and practice moves for WOD!
WOD:
This is really unbelievable
  1. 1 mile run (9 min 13 sec)
  2. 100 push presses (40 lbs and 35 lbs)
  3. 10 Muscle ups/ Burpee pull ups of course I did Burpee pull ups
My time 22 min 34 secs VERY LONG WOD
The mile was a little easier, but still thought I would fall out in the middle of 8th street. That would have been a sight! A bright green speed bump! I almost stopped, but got some really great words of encouragement to just keep going. Don't let my heart slow down to start all over again. Hey if I am going to suffer I might as well suffer a shorter length if time right? 
Next for to 100 push presses!! Yes and that's not a typo either. 100 oh my goodness 100. That is all I kept thinking. I was asking everyone else too. REALLY?! 100?! 
My strategy was to do light weight for this one. smart right? I know I am a genius LOL. That was just plain common sense. I would be an idiot to do heavier weights for 100 reps of push presses.
I started out with 40lbs. and doing 10 reps at a time. That lasted twice (20reps) Then dropped to 35lbs. for the rest doing 5 reps at a time. I thought it was never going to end. 
Finally the Burpee pull ups. 10 seemed ok, but after lifting all that weight and to lift my big self was like what the hell?! Thankfully there was a bit of a jump to lessen the weight otherwise I would still be there hanging off the bar! Anyway nighty night 


100 of these?! Killing my shoulders.
Do see the fear in my eyes? or is that stupidity for
going thru with it.  LOL
Check out Cross fit Fortress Below

No comments:

Post a Comment