Tuesday, March 13, 2012

tuesday 3/13/12

Thankfully no torture today. My thighs are a bit sore from the front squats yesterday. My collar bones feel bruised, I need to check that later. I couldn't believe how tired I was last night. I haven't been that exhausted in a long time. That WOD kicked my butt last night. 


Warm up:

  1. Jump rope for EVER
  2. Double unders 1 min (didn't do too well)
  3. run a lap
  4. PVC stretches
SWOD:
Snatch    reps 9, 7, 5, 3
my weights 35lbs, 45lbs, 50lbs, 50lbs


WOD:
3 rounds of

  1. 10 HSPU (knees on box push ups) I did on 24 inch box
  2. 10 pistols alternating legs
TIME: 3 min 38 sec


Not a horrible WOD today. 
Today was all about proper technique and perfecting each motion. I did learn something different. I am not sure how to explain it, but when lifting for the snatch you thrust your hips out and kind of bounce the bar off of them. I kinda thought it was strange, but it did make it a bit easier. Also making sure we squat properly with the snatch all the way down with your butt nearly on the ground. I am happy it was not running like we were running from a grizzly bear to day or acting like a grizzly bear and crawling on all fours!! WIll be cutting out my Wednesday classed next week starting school again.... Oh boy!!
I guess thats it tonight. 





Those are modified Hand Stand Push ups above and Hand stand push up in the far back

Check them out here:

No comments:

Post a Comment