Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thursday 11/17/11

Just to start out, I got there early as usual and was talking with another person, saying WOW this WOD looks interesting and fun to do. We have never done anything like it.... I can't wait to try this one! I think I will actually like it! I am excited! So here's how today went. I may have forgotten some of the details but here it is.


Warm up:

  1. 20 pvc pass thru & skin the cats each side
  2. bear crawls from front door to back door 
  3. crab walk from back door to front door
  4. 5 min sumo deadlift high pulls (35lb bar) without putting bar down, really difficult
SWOD: bench press reps of 9-7-5-3 (35lbs x9reps, 55x7, 65x5, 65lbs x3reps) 


WOD20 min AMRAP (as many reps as possible)
  1. 5 wall climbs (these are one of the hardest exercises to do, you have to put your feet up on the wall and walk yourself back towards the wall, at one point I could only get my legs up then down. My arms are so weak)
  2. 10 up downs (like a burpee, but no chest to the ground, stay like a plank and go backup) (thankfully something like a little break in between tasks)
  3. 5 pass throughs (putting hands on boxes and passing your body thru the middle without touching your feet to the ground until your feet pass completely thru)
  4. 10 grasshoppers (like a mountain climber, but twisting side to side with each foot going toward opposite arm toward chest) (I found something I was really good at and could do quickly)
I did a total of 9 rounds. (but my wall climbs were awful)

P.S. During the WOD I told that same person at the beginning of the conversation above, What the hell was I thinking!!??  I should have known better. Why would I think it was going to be fun or easier???!!! I was a little delusional I think.

 Yeah Yeah that's me!!!!!!!!!!!! (65lbs) hurray!!!! I'm so proud of myself for sticking with this!  I encourage everyone to give it a try and prove to yourself you can do more that you think!
Thank you so much Crossfit Fortress for making my life healthier. Thank you Iris for pushing me to do this too. Can you tell I feel so great. Yes even though I am in pain.
Chow chow for now


No comments:

Post a Comment