Thursday, February 23, 2012

Wednesday 2/22/12

After yesterday I was walking like I was in pain. At work whenever I went to sit, I felt the soreness in my thighs and butt. Then when I went to stand I felt it in my thighs and butt (ouch). It took a couple of steps each time I got up to loosen up. Then doing all that paperwork my shoulders felt like it was tightening up. Ohhhh CROSSFIT! how you linger into my days....
On to the 
Warm up:

  1. Run a lap
  2. high knees
  3. butt kickers
  4. jumping jacks
  5. Adaptation 3 rounds
  • 20 burpees
  • 20 squats
  • 20 BSU
Thanks Jaime!


WOD: "Josh"

  1. 21 Overhead squats (35lbs)
  2. 42 pull ups
  3. 15 over head squats
  4. 30 pull ups
  5. 9 over head squats
  6. 18 pull ups
I did only the 35 lbs for my over head squats, but after class I tried to do Rx which was 65lbs and I could have done it. I felt like I messed up or was being too lazy. Next time I know that I can do Rx. I hope I remember. 
The pull ups on the other hand are a nightmare! My arms felt like they were going to fall off after class. I wish I could learn the technique for the pull up, cause I suck at it. 


Well I noticed that a fell cross-fitter Armando made a note about the name of our WOD "Josh" Telling us about where the name came from his FB Quote-
"Armando Hernandez Hero WOD's are no joke!
In memory of SSG Joshua Hager, United States Army, who was killed Thursday February 22 2007 in Ar Ramadi, Iraq."He inspired me to look up what all the names meant. So I did some further investigating and found this pic of Josh. Thanks Mando for the history lesson!


Well until tomorrow


Chow chow for now

No comments:

Post a Comment