Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Monday 2/27/12

First I would like to congratulate all my Crossfit Fortress Spartans for doing the race this weekend!! I wish I was there. I looked it up on youtube and thought it would be so fun!! Of course hard as hell, but fun. Hopefully next year I can do it! I need to build up my endurance.
I just loved looking at all the pics from the Spartan Race.
On to the WOD


Warm up:

  1. Stretches
  2. Jump rope
  3. Butt kickers
  4. high knees
  5. Jumping Jacks
  6. Run a lap (1/3 mile)
WOD:
This week is the week of Personal Records
2 min AMRAP

  1. Air Squats burn burn burn hurt hurt hurt  that is some serious burning going on. 79 reps
  2. BSU (butterfly situps) up down lol I just love ab matts. Wish I would have invented that one. 40 reps
  3. Push up hand release I suck @ this, but have a huge improvement. 63 reps
  4. Back squats starting weight 75lbs all reps x3 max. My max weight 115lbs.Thanks to Silvio who is always pushing us to be the best and do our best. 




So to summarize  here are my comparisons below:

                  Start date Oct 2011         Today Feb 2012
BSU                                                 35                                    40
Air squats                                      47                                    79
Push ups                                        45                                    63
Back squat                           105lbs 1 rep                    115lbs 3 reps


Pretty good I think!! It's only been 4 months. IMPROVEMENT made! Let's see whats next. I am really proud of myself. I have missed some time here and there, but I know I will get better. I love how everyone in class is so positive and how we all have a laugh. Loving CROSSFIT!!! I encourage everyone to try it! I have a few friends that have joined in other crossfit gyms and they say the same thing too. It's addicting!





Check the out on their webpage and FB page. You can see some pics from our Spartans there too!


No comments:

Post a Comment