Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tuesday 8-21-12 what happened maybe a fluke?

Alright so my butt, thighs and shins especially are hurting so bad! Those wall balls yesterday were a killer. I was so confused cause I went in a tried the double unders and I couldn't do them??? How the does that happen? One day yes and one day no? I just don't get it! Ugh anyway on to the

WARM UP:
all the below circling around the gym
  1. jog around gym
  2. butt kickers
  3. high knees
  4. some kind of crossing legs going around the gym facing center
  5. same as above facing outside
  6. another strange movement facing center
  7. same as above facing outside
  8. bear crawls
  9. PVC stretches
  10. Bergener warm up
  11. Practice lift for the WOD
2rounds of
  1. 10 push ups
  2. 10 v-ups
  3. 10 jumping air squats
SWOD:
Snatch
  1. 3@ 70% 35lbs
  2. 3@ 75% 45lbs
  3. 3@ 80% 55lbs
  4. 2@ 90% 65lbs
WOD:
  1. 400 meter run
  2. 30 snatches (55lbs)
  3. 400 meter run
DONE!! My time 11 min 33 sec
So I practiced again after the class some more double unders and I SUCKED!!!! I don't understand, but will try again. I went home and tried and again, not able to. Whatever I guess today is just one of those days. I will keep at it!

I am going to sign up for the Color Run!! (before the price goes up again) anyone else wanna join please let me know cause I am going to set up a team and you can join by looking up a team name. For info about the color run click the banner "the color run" below

Coming also in October on the 21st!!
Miami-Color-Run


The Challenge

Per their web site:

http://onlythefearless.com/

What should our racers expect on the day?

• 5k or 10k run on flat & mountain bike trails (with random water canons).
• Monkey bars over a mud pit or even quicksand (we have the recipe).
• Rope climb over a river (or swim across it).
• A .25 mile swim across the lake or forfeit and walk around but have to carry a car tire.
• Rope challenges (cargo nets etc.)
• Logic puzzles / brain teasers.
• Quicksand pit (no seriously we have the recipe).
• Semi submerged tunnel crawl (fear of confined spaces / drowning)
• Ice plunge (basically a pit filled with ice and water).
• Beat the crap out of a punch bag. (timed)
• Finish line is a barbed wire mud pit crawl and a final climb up to a leap of faith into the lake.

Think that’s it?
To get to the finish line there is one final challenge – time to see who is TRULY fearless.
And what is this BIG surprise challenge?
Sorry, but that has to stay a secret until race day as we don’t want to risk people freaking out prior to the race, just trust us, NO-ONE has done anything like this before at one of these events.
It’s honestly going to blow peoples minds.

Something for the kiddies:
We will also have some mini mud runs for the kids.
A 100 / 200 meter mini obstacle course with mud pit for the 4 – 8 year olds
A full mile version for the 9 – 13 year old group. Tons of smaller but still fun obstacles and of course, tons of mud.

I heard there will be axe throwing too! he he

Check out Crossfit Fortress Below
To get updates on my blog click the blue Join this site in the upper right corner of the page or type in you email address in the follow by email.
Thanks!!! :D
Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment