Wednesday, August 8, 2012

So yeah
I was slacking on the blog, and I didn't go on Monday. I had a CRAZY Allergic reaction to an eye cream. I have never had any reaction to anything before. This crap made me look like I was in a boxing match and I lost big time! Thankfully the swelling to my eyes went away in just over 24 hours. How Ironic is this?! The eye cream was called "EYE NEVER". No joke that was the name! See what we women do to try to stay and maintain looking young. So I put this cream on in the morning and that night it started with someminor swelling, by morning I had to tilt my head backward just to see forward. My eyes were nearly swollen shut. Damn EYE NEVER! Never again!!! Was out the entire day Monday loaded on Benadryl... I never slep so much. Much needed anyway. 

SO....back to WODing, yesterday and today. It's going to be a double entry tonight! :D Slacking..
My friend from work Julya this is her 1st day on the full WOD! Good job Julya!! Awesome that you joined!
MONDAY
Warm up: let's see if I remember it all
  1. Take a lap (1/3) mile
  2. Butt kickers across gym and back (100m)
  3. High knees across and back (100m)
  4. Bear crawls (100m)
  5. Crab crawls (100m)
  6. 10 PVC pass thrus 
  7. 10 skin the cat left and right
  8. Practice lifts for the WOD
SWOD:
Snatch
  1. 3@ 70% 35lbs
  2. 2@ 75% 55lbs
  3. 2@ 80% 65lbs
  4. 2@ 90% 65lbs
WOD:
Front Squat
Push press
10-1 (10 front squats, 1 push press)
9-2 (9 front squats, 2 push presses) etc.
8-3
7-4
6-5
5-6
4-7
3-8
2-9
1-10 (1 front squat, 10 push presses)

This was so ridiculously hard. Those push presses were a kiler starting about half way thru. I started at 55lbs and at around round 5 or 6 I dropped weight to 45lbs. That was crazy! The last push press was like YES!!! It's OVER!!!
My time 12 min 31 sec of HARD WORK





TUESDAY
Warm up:
  1. Take a lap (1/3) mile
  2. 2 min single jum rope
  3. 1 min double unders (did much better about 5 consecutively, but rope smacked me in the face! ouch!)
  4. Butt kickers across gym and back (100m)
  5. High knees across and back (100m)
  6. Bear crawls (100m)
  7. Crab crawls (100m)
  8. 10 PVC pass thrus
  9. 10 skin the cat left and right
  10. Practice lifts for the WOD
SWOD:
Split Jerk

  1. 3@ 70% 45lbs
  2. 2@ 75% 55lbs
  3. 2@ 80% 65lbs
  4. 2@ 90% 85lbs :D
WOD:
reps, 21-15-9

1st round
21 push ups
21 KB-SDHP
200 meter run

2nd round
15 push ups
15 KB-SDHP
200 meter run

3rd round
9 push ups
9 KB-SDHP
200 meter run

TIME!!!! My time was 6 min 18 sec
Not that horrible today. I made it out on time! 
D

coming October 13th in Miami!!
**** DATE CHANGED to FEBRUARY 2, 2013***
I cannot wait! I am so going to love this!! run, walk dance your way to the finish while getting painted with colors every 5 minutes. Start out wearing all WHITE and end up leaving looking like a bag of SKITTLES!

AND
Coming also in October on the 21st!!
Miami-Color-Run


The Challenge

Per their web site:

http://onlythefearless.com/

What should our racers expect on the day?

• 5k or 10k run on flat & mountain bike trails (with random water canons).
• Monkey bars over a mud pit or even quicksand (we have the recipe).
• Rope climb over a river (or swim across it).
• A .25 mile swim across the lake or forfeit and walk around but have to carry a car tire.
• Rope challenges (cargo nets etc.)
• Logic puzzles / brain teasers.
• Quicksand pit (no seriously we have the recipe).
• Semi submerged tunnel crawl (fear of confined spaces / drowning)
• Ice plunge (basically a pit filled with ice and water).
• Beat the crap out of a punch bag. (timed)
• Finish line is a barbed wire mud pit crawl and a final climb up to a leap of faith into the lake.

Think that’s it?
To get to the finish line there is one final challenge – time to see who is TRULY fearless.
And what is this BIG surprise challenge?
Sorry, but that has to stay a secret until race day as we don’t want to risk people freaking out prior to the race, just trust us, NO-ONE has done anything like this before at one of these events.
It’s honestly going to blow peoples minds.
Was told they just added axe throwing!! LOL

Something for the kiddies:
We will also have some mini mud runs for the kids.
A 100 / 200 meter mini obstacle course with mud pit for the 4 – 8 year olds
A full mile version for the 9 – 13 year old group. Tons of smaller but still fun obstacles and of course, tons of mud.


Check out Crossfit Fortress Below
To get updates on my blog click the blue Join this site in the upper right corner of the page or type in you email address in the follow by email.
Thanks!!! :D
Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment