Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tuesday 1-15-13 BRENTON

Oh yes today got me really nervous when walking in. When a WOD consists of the Bear Crawl thats tiring. I felt pretty good minimal soreness to the back of my thighs and lower back from yesterday. No problem right? 

Let's go on to the 
WARM UP:

  1. 400m run
  2. 30 sec drills, Jumping jacks, butt kickers, high knees, push ups
  3. stretching with the PVC
Long WOD today so a little warm up :)

SWOD: 
Over Head Squats
  1. 10 with the bar (35lbs)
  2. 10 @50% (45lbs)
  3. 7 @ 70% (55lbs)
  4. 5 @ 80% (65lbs)
  5. @ 90% (75lbs) did 1 rep then dropped it at least I did 1
Teamed up with Steph and Marisol today for the SWOD :) 

WOD:
"BRENTON" for time

Named after Field Training Officer Timothy Quinn Brenton, 39, of the Seattle Police Department, was shot and killed in a drive-by shooting while on duty on October 31, 2009. 

5 rounds of
  1. 100 meter bear crawls
  2. 100 meters of 5 long jumps and 3 burpees (repeat)
yeah you think that's easy right cause it's seems short, but I can tell you this was a killer! Crawling every so often cause my arms did not want to hold my body up or my legs didn't want to lift up, but pushing thru it. The long jumps and burpees were so hard after the 2nd round and thinking I had to do 5 rounds seemed unreachable. On round 3 I went to grab my water and what happened some girls were standing around and knocked it over and it was like being in hungry with no food. I was like what are you kidding me? I had to pick it up myself. Bad girls! Thankfully I still had some and oh well moving on, I did do it. YES!! Every crawl was sweat dripping down my nose and my body yelling hurry up don't give up and finish it! Get it over with! I was so happy to have finished. Everyone who does crossfit no matter how big, small, strong, weak, beginner, advanced...... we all strive to do better and be better. We are all fighters and I am glad to be there and do it!
Oh and  by the way the Primal Plan was there. I tried what they have and it's a big thumbs up for me! Chicken was yum yum! 

Forgive to poor lighting

Oh yes and my next race will be COLOR ME RAD!!! on February 2nd
If you are interested check out their site and if you join, sign up with 
team Color Collision @ 9am 




The Challenge!
March 30th Team "dirty Time" @ 9am click the link below to sign up $59 use code 10OFF for discount or
There's a living Social Deal this week for $29
Hurry before they sell out and the price goes back to $59
The Challenge

Per their web site:

What should our racers expect on the day?

• 5k or 10k run on flat & mountain bike trails (with random water canons).
• Monkey bars over a mud pit or even quicksand (we have the recipe).
• Rope climb over a river (or swim across it).
• A .25 mile swim across the lake or forfeit and walk around but have to carry a car tire.
• Rope challenges (cargo nets etc.)
• Logic puzzles / brain teasers.
• Quicksand pit (no seriously we have the recipe).
• Semi submerged tunnel crawl (fear of confined spaces / drowning)
• Ice plunge (basically a pit filled with ice and water).
• Beat the crap out of a punch bag. (timed)
• Finish line is a barbed wire mud pit crawl and a final climb up to a leap of faith into the lake.

Think that’s it?
To get to the finish line there is one final challenge – time to see who is TRULY fearless.
And what is this BIG surprise challenge?
Sorry, but that has to stay a secret until race day as we don’t want to risk people freaking out prior to the race, just trust us, NO-ONE has done anything like this before at one of these events.
It’s honestly going to blow peoples minds.


  

Check out Crossfit Fortress Below

To get updates on my blog click the blue Join this site in the upper right corner of the page or type in you email address in the follow by email.
Thanks!!! :D
Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment